Wednesday, July 21, 2010

anise ain't nice

Don't force yourself to forget or forsake
that I once clawed at your eyes,
incessant and unforgiving,
leaving only a bloody line of broken tan skin.

Dont force yourself to forget or forsake
that I once punched at your face after soaking in anise
for hours on end (was there a point when i was nice?),
leaving only a gash through a memory of what i once was.

Don't force yourself to forget or forsake
that i remember recalling your past or
staring silently and naked at the mustard colored walls in the
old town house, two opposites too alike
wishing we were something we could never even grow to be.

Don't think I don't try to forget or forsake,
pushing you, without pausing, out the car
or turning timidly around to see you standing stoic,
careful, waiting for anyone but me.
waiting for only me.

No comments:

Post a Comment