Thursday, March 5, 2009

Atlanta, a real (sort of) post


Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta. What can I say? The day after The Black Lips show was Scion Rock Fest. I decided to skip that in order to do some shopping and wander around town by myself. I ended up at some bar called the Porter. I had lunch and sat around getting drunk all day. I rode the Marta after dropping Roly's car off because I didn't want to drive too drunk around ATL. Finally, Roly came to find me at the bar where I made friends with a huge group of lesbians that got the Sous Chef from the bar I fell in love with to ask me for my number. Oh my. We went to a Rockabilly club and some stupid Skull bar (vortex). We got back to the hostel pretty late and I woke up really hung over and confused. We skipped town at around 2 and after driving five hours, Roly and I finally decided to switch only to find that he lost his contact. I ended up having to drive the entire way, though all I had wanted to do was spend the night in Tallahassee and then drive early the next morning. I was really, really mad. Especially since I had to drive through all of Georgia during a blizzard. All in all, I loved everything about the trip.

Tomorrow: St. Augustine.

No comments:

Post a Comment